I love all of my pets, but I hate their hair. I sometimes felt like being on the ropes because I could never get rid of it clearly. Every time I turned around, there it was again! I applied several methods, but they were not as good as I expected; there are some areas of my house where the hair got embedded.
Luckily, I’ve eventually found a simple, cheap gadget that makes pet hair removal much easier and more effective. It’s called Scotch Brite Pet Hair Remover, and it’s as great as the best vacuum cleaner for pet hair despite working in a very different way.
Today, I’m over here to share with you more information about this tool. What it is, how it works, how to use it, and more!
TABLE OF CONTENT
Why Is Pet Hair Removal A Hard Work?
A lint roller sometimes doesn’t do a good job when it comes to removing significant amounts of pet hair from your clothing and furniture. It cleans this area, while tossing the hair to other areas.
A vacuum with a nifty upholstery brush attachment is a wise choice due to its effectiveness and versatility; however, since there are plenty of different styles to choose from, it might take a little experience as well as experimentation to find out the best vacuum cleaner for pet hair that can fit all of your demands. Also, investing in an electric device, like a vacuum, can cost you pretty much money.
I’m pretty sure that you’ve seen an adhesive roller (or sticky tape) before. I must admit that it does work really well on my clothing and upholstery, but it requires constantly ripping more and more sheets to accomplish the job. This leads to a big problem: wasting! Besides, using a sticky tape on certain fabrics might cause damages on the upholstery after several times of use, which is simply terrible.
In addition, you should pick up removers that are gentle on your clothing and furniture, especially upholstery and fabric. Otherwise, they will cause scratches on your shirts, sofa, bed, mattress, etc.
So, What Is The Game Changer?
It’s called Scotch Brite Pet Hair Remover, and it’s a lifesaver to me! Not only does it pick up hair sitting on the surface of your furniture, but it also takes a step further by removing embedded hair that deeply gets into car upholstery and carpet fibers.
The secret is in the tool’s sheet featuring thousands of tiny rubber grippers that grip and grasp trapped pet hair whenever and wherever you gently brush it over. This way, it’s really easy to use whatever the surface needs cleaning, leaving upholstery looking fresh and clean with less hassle than other methods.
Moreover, the remover is gentle on the furniture. That’s because the tiny grippers are made of rubber, leading to no scratches or grazes left on your furniture. One more great thing is its handle which is sturdy-constructed, ergonomic and compact. This way, it provides you with the capability of getting into hard-to-reach areas, such as corners, between seats or along the seams, that many vacuum cleaners simply left behind.
In short, if you have several dogs and cats, and you can’t stand spots of all that hair piling up, the Scotch Brite Pet Hair Remover is a great tool to get your house clean again.
How to Use It?
As I mentioned, using Scotch Brite Pet Hair Remover is very simple. These are all you have to do:
- Install a new sheet (there are 8 sheets included).
- Brush the surface where the pet hair is embedded. You might need to brush back & forth and left to right several times. Anyway, make sure you do that gently!
- When the sheet is full of hair, replace it by a new one for the next use.
For a quick look at how this tool actually works, you can check this video:
Tips to Never Change the Sheet
The sheet full of hair won’t work as great as a new one. That’s why you should change it. But what if you don’t want to do that? What if you want to reuse the old sheet over and over again? There is only one way: cleaning the sheet!
Here is how I do that:
- Take the sheet off the handle and lay it out flat.
- Comb the sheet down the length of it using a toothed comb.
- It’s ready to use again and for months!
- The comb’s teeth must be fine to get the quickest result.
- If static is a hassle, just spray a bit of water or anti-static spray over the comb.
Tips to Reduce Pet Hair in Your Home
Although this post is about removing pet hair, it’s important to know how to lessen the quantities of pet hair in your house. Just remember “prevention is always better than cure!”
- Bathing your pet regularly to prevent excessive shedding. About once or twice a week is enough. While bathing him, try to remove as much loose hair as possible. This is also a way to keep your pet healthy.
- Building a small house for your pet to sleep and a private or open area for him to This will partially keep him away from the furniture.
- Teaching your pet which areas they’re allowed to sleep or play and which ones not.
- Washing the bedding of your pet regularly. After laundering, run an extra rinse cycle to ensure that your washer is free of pet hair. This way, the hair will have no chance to stick to the next load of laundry.
- Before washing clothes or bedding covered with pet hair, run them in a dryer on the no-heat mode. The toppling action of the dryer will loosen the hair, making it be removed easily when washed.
- After drying the bedding in the dryer, clean the lint filter so that the hair cannot gather and build up in the dryer.
- When washing clothes or bedding, avoid overcrowding the washer so that the stuff inside has enough space to move freely in the water, and the hair can escape and run down the drain.
If you are looking for something that works simpler than even pet vacuum, you might want to consider the Scotch Brite Pet Hair Remover. Whether you use it to clean your house or car, it works great without damaging the upholstery.
If you have any question, feel free to leave it in the box below. Thank you for reading our post!