If you have done research on robotic vacuum cleaners available in the market, you should have known about iRobot Roomba 800 and 900 series. Considered as great vacuum cleaners, sometimes they make customers find it hard to come to a decision.
Today article will walk you through standout features of Roomba 880 and Room 980 – the latest model as well as make a comparison between them to help you find out which one can be the right choice for you.
- 0.1 iRobot Roomba 880
- 0.2 iRobot Roomba 980
- 0.3 Roomba 880 vs Roomba 980 – Which one is the best vacuum cleaner for you?
- 1 Final Words
iRobot Roomba 880
- Tangle-free extractors will help the 880 model solve pet hair with ease by preventing it from being blocked
- AeroForce filter which follows HEPA style provides consumers with high efficiency that will collect the tiniest dirt and dust
- Virtual Wall Lighthouse technology keeps the robot moving continuously and cleaning up to 3 rooms
- Applying the 3-stage cleaning system with the 5x air power to improve the cleaning performance as well as reduce the frequency of maintenance
- iAdapt Multi-Room Navigation makes the Roomba 880 navigate and quickly adapt to your unique home and stay away from stairs
- Specially designed to reach and clean off-limits, for instance, under your kickboards, beds, or sofas
- Automatically goes back to the docking station to recharge
- The ‘Scheduling’ mode allows users to be preset to work 7 times per week. Hence, your house is still clean even when you are at work
- One feature called Persistent Pass ensures that the vacuum cleaner will go back and forth over 1 area until it is free of dust particles, pollen, and allergens
Pros and Cons
We cannot deny that Roomba 880 is a great robotic vacuum cleaner. However, everything has its upsides and drawbacks. Here are some pluses and minuses of this model.
- Roomba 880 offers decent cleaning
- Roomba 880 can reach hard-to-reach positions under most furniture
- The edge brush is highly effective that help Roomba clean every corner
- Roomba 880 comes with a full 1-year warranty
- Roomba 880 cleans all types of floors
- Roomba 880 operates noisily
- Roomba 880 occasionally scratch furniture, walls or other objects
- Roomba 880 battery is quite weak as it can work up to only 1 or 1.5 hours
iRobot Roomba 980
It could be said that Roomba 980 applies more innovative technologies apart from taking up all from the previous model. Let’s have a look to see what makes this youngest child in the Roomba family very famous.
- The combination of Visual Localization and iAdapt®0 Navigation, the 980 model, can keep moving continuously and well navigate your whole house as well as keep track of the location
- Thanks to iAdapt 2.0 Responsive Navigation, Roomba 980 makes use of a powerful cleaning pattern (10x air power) and dirt detection technology to deal with the real-world furniture and mess
- Automatically goes to the docking station and recharge. However, the reason why people call it ‘smart vacuum cleaner’ is that Roomba 980 will automatically get back to work and finish its job if it is out of energy during cleaning session
- The cliff detection technology will protect the robot from falling downstairs so that it can prevent accidental damage while working
- Apart from the AeroForce 3-stage cleaning system, the manufacturer has created the ‘Carpet Boost’ by using 10x more power to clear pet hair with ease. When it works on carpets, this mode will be automatically activated
- Roomba 980 can be connected to WiFi to use with iRobot Home App. This will allow you to clean, schedule and preset your cleaning preferences when you are not home. Thanks to the Push Notification and Clean Map reports, you will know whether your robot completes its job and keep track of the machine as well.
- The AeroForce® filter is highly efficient in capturing 10-micron dust particles, and 99 percent of allergens and pollen
Pros and Cons
Although Roomba 980 is an updated version with many positive advantages, there are several drawbacks that you should take into consideration before purchasing.
- Roomba 980 is highly effective at cleaning
- Roomba 980 can fit under furniture
- Roomba 980 is user-friendly
- Roomba 980 can operate in a longer time (2 hours)
- Roomba 980 comes with a full 1-year warranty
- Users can control and set the robot to work due to the iRobot Home App
- Roomba 980 generate noise
- Roomba 980 does not have a large debris bin
- Roomba 980 requires regular maintenance
Roomba 880 vs Roomba 980 – Which one is the best vacuum cleaner for you?
There are 3 aspects that we should dig deeper to choose the one that can meet your requirements.
As I mentioned above, both of 880 and 980 model will automatically return to its docking station and recharges when it runs out of energy. It will take you overnight to complete that process. However, after being filled with the power, Roomba 880 runs up to 90 minutes only while Roomba 980 can make it up to 120 minutes.
Although the manufacturer says that Roomba vacuum cleaners are strong enough to clean all floor types, there is a difference between Roomba 880 and Roomba 980.
Roomba 880 will perform well with
- Pet hair
- Hardwood floors
Roomba 980 will perform well with
- Pet hair
- Hardwood floors
- Large rooms
- High traffic areas
Again, Roomba 880 vs Roomba 980 are very modern vacuum cleaners which offer customers great benefits. Nevertheless, a medium-size house had better choose former. Otherwise, in case you are often on the go, or you own a large house, the former would be a better choice.
If you have any questions, leave a comment below. Last, recall to like and share article today with your friends if you like it.