The stair way is one of the areas that experience the most regular movements in the house. That’s why stairs get dirty quickly, and you will probably have to clean them frequently. However, if you are not considerate during the process, you may damage to your stairs because they are usually made from materials being different from other places of the house.
Furthermore, the steepness, as well as the small area of stairs, make cleaning them becomes a troublesome and annoying process. If you are in trouble with this task, these small but useful tips will make your chores much more pleasant.
Top tips for cleaning and maintaining your stairs
Cleaning carpet on stairs
Carpets are a favorite choice of many households because they prevent stairs from getting scratches, the users will also get comfortable feelings on their feet. However, they are keen on getting stains and bad odors, so washing them is not easy and requires a careful procedure:
- Collecting large, hard pieces of trash so that they won’t break or hinder the next steps, especially when you vacuum your stairs.
- Sprinkle baking soda evenly on the carpets; you need to wait at least thirdty minutes for it to absorb all of the smells.
- Vacuum your carpets; make sure that you don’t leave any areas uncovered. You should choose a vacuum that is specifically designed to work on the carpet surface.
- If your stairs are too dirty or stained, you should wash them with carpet shampoo. Dilute a moderate amount of the shampoo in water. Then, you use a soft brush or a turbo tool to rinse your carpets. Don’t let them become too wet because it will take a lot of time for them to dry.
If you don’t use carpets for your stairs, you need to pay attention to the materials from which they are made. Different kinds of materials require distinct treatments, but you always need to choose the best shark vacuum stairs depending on what you are using.
- Wood is popular for floors and stairs, given its comfortable feels. However, wood stairways are one of the hardest to clean since they get damaged easily. Make sure you take off your shoes and eliminate all of the dirt with the vacuums before you start washing.
- When you wash wood stairways, you need to choose mops with soft brush so that you won’t scratch them. The best liquid for cleaning wood surface is a mixture of vinegar and water. After you finish this step, use a dry cloth to wipe the stairs.
- The firmness of concrete stairs allows you to use brooms to sweep them without worrying about potential scratches. After sweeping, you can brush them with a stiff bristle brush and a liquid made from a few drops of dish soap and water. Finally, you need to rinse the surface again with a towel dimmed in warm water.
- Stone is somewhat similar to wood treatment. You probably don’t want to lose the smoothness of stone stairs; therefore you should choose a very soft cloth or brush when cleaning them. Special cleaners are also useful because natural stone develop a lustrous patina when they interact with air over time
Top Tips for cleaning and maintaining your stairs
Similar to cleaning, you will have different methods to maintaining your stairs based on the surface of your stairs.
Taking Care of Carpet Stairs
You should often rotate your carpets to evenly distribute the pressure put on them. If you don’t do this, some spots on the carpets will wear out much more quickly than others. You can also sprinkle talcum powder or powdered graphite at the end of the seams so that they won’t make weird sounds when you step on them.
Taking Care of Bare Stairs
- You should never put track spikes, high heels, high heels and highly acidic substances such as lemon juice, oil soaps on your wood They will damage the waxing layers. You can also apply buffing or re-waxing your stairs yearly to maintain the shine and smoothiness.
- Sealing your stone stairs is essential to keep them new for a long time. You should get rid of sand or teeny rocks daily because they are the most dangerous threat to a stone surface. You should also avoid spilling too much soap when cleaning; if you do, wipe them right away. Polishing your stairs with diamond grit pads is also necessary.
- To keep the cleanliness as well as the shine of your concrete stairs, consider sweeping them with microfiber pads every day to prevent dirty particles from accumulating on your stairs. When you conduct cleaning, you should always prepare the water as clean as possible.
After all, keep in mind that cleaning your stairs is not a complicated task. You only need to apply the correct method for a specific type of stairs. It is also important to choose the suitable tools and equipment before you start cleaning. I have to say good bye now. Hope that my experience can lessen the burden of your house chores. Thank you for reading!