After all, we reach this time of the year – blue sky, shining sun, and high temperature. These make diving in a pool become irresistible. The pool season is now here again. Let’s get ready to jump into the cold water and cool off.
Nevertheless, it is quite difficult to relax in your pool if it is filled with dirt or debris. To solve this problem, a reliable cleaner for your pool has to be the answer. Whether you own an above-ground or in-ground pool, this useful list of best above ground pool vacuums will help you a lot in narrowing down the options and deciding whether a suction, pressure, robotic cup cleaner is the best one for you.
TABLE OF CONTENT
- 1 How to How To Choose The Best Above Ground Pool Vacuum?
- 2 5 Best Above Ground Pool Vacuum Reviews
- 2.1 1. Hayward 500 Aqua Bug Above-Ground Automatic Pool Cleaner
- 2.2 2. Hayward SP1068 Triangular 3-Brush Pool Vacuum Head, 1-1/4-Inch and 1-1/2-Inch Swivel Hose Connections Included for All Pools
- 2.3 Pros
- 2.4 Cons
- 2.5 3. Dolphin 99996323 Dolphin Nautilus Robotic Pool Cleaner with Swivel Cable, 60-Feet
- 2.6 Pros
- 2.7 Cons
- 2.8 4. BARACUDA G3 W03000 Advanced Suction Side Automatic Pool Cleaner
- 2.9 Pros
- 2.10 Cons
- 2.11 5. Pentair 360042 Kreepy Krauly Suction-Side Inground Universal Pool Cleaner (Pleated Seal)
- 2.12 Pros
- 2.13 Cons
- 3 Conclusion
How to How To Choose The Best Above Ground Pool Vacuum?
One of the most interesting parts of the warm weather is that you can enjoy the swimming pool whenever you want. On the contrary, the least interesting part of this weather is that you have to clean your pool. However, you should not be worried because we are here to help you. After a lot of researches, we have found out the best pool cleaners, which are suitable for a various range of money. They can clean the pool greatly and budget friendly. So what is the best vacuum for your pool? Let’s debate what you should know when purchasing and after that, we will see some reviews.
Type of vacuum
There’re 3 kinds of pool vacuums. Robotic pool vacuums work by themselves while pressure side cleaners utilize existing pressure sideline to move themselves and the suction side vacuums work with dedicated line and fasten to the pool’s suction line.
The surface kind of your pool
Different pool cleaners are able to clean different pool’s surfaces. The best vacuum for your pool must be capable of cleaning all of these surfaces. Finally, the cleaner should perfectly deal with your pool, therefore, pick one, which supports both your pool’s material and all surfaces.
Type of pool
You need to select your pool vacuum based on your type of pool: above-ground and in-ground. The in-ground cleaners are mainly designed to work in deep water. However, a lot of above-ground cleaners can work in both types of pool. Thus, remember to check what the manufacturers say.
The coverage illustrates the cleaning abilities of a pool cleaner. Some kinds of cleaners are designed to clean the pool coves, walls and floor. Some can just clean the walls and floors while some are only able to clean the floor. Thus, more coverage is always better.
On comparing vacuum for the pool, you should consider the hose’s length. The vacuum’s hose should be long enough for the cleaner to cover the pool’s surface. The longer is often the better. Thus, we have listed the hose length of each product in every review.
Finally, you should look at the warranties, which come with different pool cleaners that vary by coverage and length. In case you are worried about the breaking, then, looking for a cleaner with long warranty is the best choice. Because this may change, so, remember to double-check.
5 Best Above Ground Pool Vacuum Reviews
1. Hayward 500 Aqua Bug Above-Ground Automatic Pool Cleaner
This automatic cleaner doesn’t become one of the best pool vacuums just because of its lovely appearance. Coming with Smart Drive program steering of Hayward, this product guarantees that it will not miss any details when you wash your pool.
Designed to deal with the pools’ bottom, regardless of their sizes and shapes, the Hayward 500 Aqua Bug Above-Ground Automatic Pool Cleaner helps your pool cleaning much easier because it is in response to do all the works for you.
To get the work done, this pool vacuum cleaner works off of the existing filtration system of the pools. Its unique gearing/turbine system permits constant balanced flow of water. Thanks to this, the machine’s operation is always smooth and quiet since it moves along the pool’s bottom.
On the other hand, it features a bumper ring minimizing friction to be able to move away from the walls with ease as well as getting back on the track to its own programmed steering program. Besides, this pool cleaner takes only 10 minutes to install without requiring any additional tools.
- Does not require any replacement for debris bag
- Easy installation
- Smart Drive technology
- Only active for permanent above-ground pools.
2. Hayward SP1068 Triangular 3-Brush Pool Vacuum Head, 1-1/4-Inch and 1-1/2-Inch Swivel Hose Connections Included for All Pools
Buy on amazon: http://amzn.to/2k4lL5j
You will surprise at the cheap cost of Hayward SP1068 Triangular 3-Brush Pool Vacuum Head, however, in spite of its price, it is still a highly efficient manual cleaner for your pool.
This product comes with the triangular head to ensure the best cleaning around circular pool’s walls and in corners. Besides, thanks to the see-through design, you can now see any debris or large object, which you need to remove before blocking its cleaning system.
In addition, Hayward SP1068 Triangular 3-Brush Pool Vacuum Head’s brushes can rough up the growth of algae quickly. Moreover, the swivel connector is able to spin 360 degrees, thanks to this, cleaning is so easy for all above-ground pool’s owner.
However, this vacuum does not include vacuum hose, so you have to purchase it separately. Besides, you also have to buy the vacuum pole separately.
- Optional weight package to offer extra vacuuming convenience
- Aggravating hose tangling and 360-degree swivel connector
- Contoured shape for step cleaning and easy corner
- Long-wearing brushes loosen tough algae’s spots quickly
- “See-through” design for easy and fast cleaning
- Vacuum head doesn’t come with hose or pole
- Brushes may out of order after certain usage.
3. Dolphin 99996323 Dolphin Nautilus Robotic Pool Cleaner with Swivel Cable, 60-Feet
Buy on amazon: http://amzn.to/2k2Ojwe
This pool vacuum cleaner is highly recommended for residential in-ground pools, of which length is up to 50 ft. With this product, you need not spend any time in trying to find out the way it works or trying to install the machine.
Dolphin Nautilus Robotic Pool Cleaner is such an easy-to-use and lightweight pool vacuum. It also features an exceptional performance and an affordable cost. It is undoubtedly efficient as you just need to spend less than fifteen cents to clean your pool. Besides, this product includes the patented swivel cable, which prevents tangling.
Just simply plug a power box into an outlet and plug the vacuum into that power box, then, drop it into the water. After that, turn it on, and it will do all the jobs for you. The cleaner will vacuum, scrub and filter all angles and sides of your pool.
And now, thanks to the Dolphin cleaner, your swimming pool is clean in less than three hours (maybe two hours as well). When the job is done, it is also able to shut off by itself. If all you need is the best above ground pool vacuum, then this is the one for you.
- An easy-to-use and lightweight product
- 12-month warranty – labor and spare parts
- Self-programmed for the best pool scanning
- Does not require connection to your pool system
- Does not need any pre-installation
- According to the warranty, the cleaner’s brushes are wearable items and aren’t replaceable
4. BARACUDA G3 W03000 Advanced Suction Side Automatic Pool Cleaner
Buy on amazon: http://amzn.to/2A7tgyF
BARACUDA G3 W03000 Advanced Suction Side Automatic Pool Cleaner will clean your in-ground pool’s walls and floors thoroughly to remove the sand, leaves, twigs, bugs, debris, dirt and even pebbles automatically.
It comes with a single operational moving part called the Long Life Diaphragm. Besides, it features no flappers, wheels or gears, so it means that this cleaner offers low-cost maintenance, maximum power, and simple operation.
The product includes a compact design. It also has the self-adjusting flow control valve, which can regulate the flow of water automatically, thus, ensuring maximum performance, regardless of lower hose power pumps. In addition, the “Flow keeper” offers the pool surface skimming in just a switch turn.
Thanks to the one-part moving technology, there is a lower risk of breakdown that can occur with this pool cleaner. Therefore, the maintenance cost is lower while the machine is always clean your pools efficiently.
- One-moving part technology
- Reliable and durable Long Life Diaphragm
- Wheel deflector to offer better movement around many tight corners
- Devours medium and small-sized debris.
- Cleans steps, walls, and floors of your swimming pool
- Powerful and quiet suction cleaner
- This pool vacuum does not work if it is installed improperly
- Larger acorns and leaves
5. Pentair 360042 Kreepy Krauly Suction-Side Inground Universal Pool Cleaner (Pleated Seal)
Buy on amazon: http://amzn.to/2Ah1uOl
Unlike other pool vacuums with gears to jam, diaphragms and wheel to replace or bags to empty, the Pentair 360042 Kreepy Krauly Suction-Side Inground Universal Pool Cleaner comes with one moving part to offer low ownership cost and long life.
Its directional system features a drive float so that users can easily guide the machine throughout the pool’s coverage.
On the other hand, it also includes a roller strap, which helps users manipulate the equipment on the ladders or steps of the swimming pool.
Besides, Pentair 360042 Kreepy Krauly Suction-Side Inground Universal Pool Cleaner also comes with 2 cleaner wings to assist the debris and leaves’ absorption directly into its filtration system.
- “One moving part” design, which can last for a long time and is very durable
- Cleaner wings help channel debris, dirt, and leaves, directly into the filtration system
- Automatic valve regulates the water flow for better thorough cleaning
- Directional system with a dive float for guiding users throughout the pool
- It is able to grabs stuff and leaves very well though sometimes, a large piece of debris such as pebble may get pushed around
Purchasing for the best above ground pool vacuum is very necessary for keeping your swimming pool clean. In case you have a small swimming pool and do not want to spend much money, then, a manual pool vacuum cleaner is an ideal option.
If your pool is larger, using a manual vacuum is quite tiring. In this case, purchasing a high-quality automatic cleaner is worth your while.
Just keep in mind all kinds of debris, which are usually found in the pool, because some cleaners are appropriate for cleaning up a lot of large debris while others aren’t.
Make sure to check out information about the warranty of the pool cleaner that you are considering, as the chance of malfunction for good vacuum is possible.
When you get the best product for your swimming pool, you are now satisfied with the fact that your pool is always clean whenever you need to take a dip.